|Home|| S.IT.Con || Projects || Linux ||Webmaster|| My Profile || Impressum |
The Author / Webmaster 2020
Dear Onliner - I created these pages in small steps and they are slowly getting better.
They are build according to my ideas and I take care as much as find time beside my daily work.
I am born 63 years ago in the zodiac sign of cancer. I have two kids in age of
32 and 26 years. My monthly income I earn from a nice Bavarian company in the south of Germany. About my former employer I can state: ‘Sayonara!‘
It was a good decision to leave this company after many years in Hamburg, Singapore and USA.
The change in mind and the change in my location had multiple reason. Some of them are private,
some of them are related to my work. Just so much about the influence of work: Some of those responsible person have already
left my old company, some of them retired but some are still existing; I still call
them "Axis of evil" (* George W. Bush, 29.01.2002).
However, being located in Germany and working together with companies like Porsche makes me feel well.
I may follow up my work. Big changes here, different company, different kind of work, different languages, but I
got back what I lost long time ago: the fun to go to work.
I am responsible for all kind of development in terms of cable looms in Cockpit and passenger area of
newly developed cars. This Engineering part produces
Chicago area: Software testing and development support. Using MS-Windows and Linux Software to test all functionalities of new
developed Software in combination with other machinery and computer.
Singapore area: Being responsible for the local Demo Centre as well as Software distribution and Asia wide Service support.
Implementation of the reknown BBS System and the conversion of the ‘Excel‘ based customer and machine database into an Asia wide accessible Database.
Hamburg area: I was responsible for Version control and distribution of Firmware for
our Factory Automation machines. This did not mean - that I was programming the
whole set of software - I implemented minor modifications.
One of the biggest part of my job was, to do the tests with new
releases. For case of success - I would send those copies to my colleagues allover
Europe. I was doing this job for about nine years - before that I was
working as an engineer all over Europe, Japan, Singapore and USA. After
ten year of travel, I changed my mind and I moved to software side wich
I really enjoyed.
The job wasn't easy and my daily working time was about - no I don't want
blame somebody - xx hours plus the slowMo drive through the River Elbe
The small final rest of the day I still try to use for some exercises (swimming) and
the other minor things. The late evening and the night I spend my
second love LINUX. Do you think I am a Guru? Sometimes it looks like
but I still believe that I am always one step behind. This boat called LINUX I
entered first time together with my i386 computer in year of'92 (as a former
Navy man, I know howto keep dry boots). The boat has been changed to a
big ship, containig four motors. The Main motor is an Intel 64 Bit dual Core 3
GHz followed up by a AMD 64 3GHz together with a AMD K6 1800MHz. My Server machine contains four AMD 3000 MHz Processor with 4 GB RAM.
The DEC Alpha 233 and at least the Sun Sparc Workstation I had to sacrifice due to weight and space problems during my move to Singapore (sniff).
The three other machines support the main motor. Since I've learned about the flexibility and reliability
of LINUX I'll never miss to have totally different Processor
architectures. One System goes another comes in. I had to face the implementation of a brandnew MAC-Book (Apple OS-X). The total implementation, including NFS (Network
File System) was easier than expected. Meanwhile, one of my SC12 ‘PC-On-Chip‘, controlling my Nixie Display has joined the
Network. This controller synchronizes his time with my Server via NTP. The Server althrough synchronizes with the official German Time prvided by PTB (Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt)
Back to Linux. Plenty of official stations using Linux™: City of Munich is
migrating to Open Source Products only. Police as well, Europol uses Linux Server. Latest News about RedHat: RedHat Server are present in more or less all major Stock Exchanges around the World. This gives me the strong
feeling: Yes, you are on the right tracks. No Virus, worms or other 'Special-Software' will work on Linux Systems. These Pages here are created by using open source products only.
Surely on my Main Machine, meanwhile called Terminator. The pages are tested by using the Apache Web Server on my own Server - just to
follow: What you see is what you really get.
Have fun -
Here's a picture ...... when I was annual ten years employed.
- Dec. 2013 - Overwork Profile and CV
- Aug. 2013 - migrated to new Server
- Oct. 2012 - recovered from Backup using new Server because this ‘S‘ company was not able to repair what they had done.
- Sept. 2012 - due to highly intelligent Engineer from S...Tel this web was offline.
- June 2012 - update of major Webpages of this machine
- May 2012 -Migration of this Server to Germany
- July 2011 - Replace Guestbook with My Profile
- July 2011 - Create My Profile for Web-presentation
- April 2011 - update Webmasters Pages
- March 2011 - introduce Article regarding John von Neumann and his Model of Computer
- September 2010 intruduce discussion @Leo.org reg. State Certified Engineer
- July 2010 Due to abuse, Link to J-Post de-activated
- May 2010 Milestones and Phrases activated
- December 2009 - Temperature Database activated
- Done: 16.December 2009 - This web is Online
- Plan: November 2009 - Publishing this Web (written in PHP, english, dynamic)
- Plan: November 2009 - Publishing this Web (written in HTML, english, static)
- Plan: November 2009 - Publishing this Web (written in PHP, German, dynamic)
- Plan: November 2009 - Publishing this Web (written in HTML, German langauge only, static)
- 2008 - Break due to private reasons
- 2007 - Creation and publishing of last Web
- 2001 - First renovation and re-construction of this Web
- 1996 - Initial Registration of this Web
Some Thank You:
- Since Feb. 2012 - I have to use Office 2007 - Baruch HaShem - in private I use LibreOffice
- Microsoft and Windows 7™ - they are still not able to beat the Power of Linux
- The CentOS group for assuring through contstant updates my server security.
- All UBUNTU programmer, who created a stable and reliable Desktop Distribution
- All Debian developer - they created a very stable and reliable System which I cannot eliminate from my desktop. Witho#t Debian - no work.
- All RedHat and RedHat Derviates developer, they brought to me one of the most stable Server Systems, I rely on it.
- Taeb el Kordi (1929-2004), founder of LUUG Seevetal now known under LUUG Nordheide
- SuSE GmbH - now part of Novell inc. They delivered one of my first stable and useable Linux Versions for my PC (Kernel 0.92)
- Linus Torwalds - writer of Linux Kernel, to launch this wonderful Project
- Sun Microsystems - they taught me HowTo use an IPX Machine with Motorola Processor and Sun Linux
- Digital Equipment Corp. They showed, while using 14 Years old 64 Bit Aplha Processor how powerful Linux can be
- Microsoft ™ and Bill Gates - they do not have any relation to me or those Web-Pages at all
- My former Colleague, we installed the very first Linux Version on my Computer. Hey Gerd, do you still remember?
|Last Update: 14.07.2020||1996 - 2020 © Udo Sobotta||Visitor: 157043032|